Anyone interested in doing translations ?

Coordinator
May 20, 2008 at 6:37 PM
Edited May 20, 2008 at 8:06 PM
Hi

I'm currently translating the application from french to english ; anyone interested in helping out ?
I'm pretty good at understanding, but writing is another matter ; my translations should be comprehensible, but will probably hurt the eyes of any English or American (like this text).

It's not very difficult, the project is not very big and has only a few resource files. You can even do it if you don't know how to code.
You would just need to load visual studio (the free Visual Web Developer Express should be fine), open a few .resx files (similar to Access, no xml or code or whatever), verify/modify them, send them back, and you're done.

If you want to contribute by translating to another language, you're more than welcome, too :)

So, will the project be well-written ?

Thanks !
May 24, 2008 at 12:29 AM
I will be glad to help.  I can also translate English to Russian and Spanish, though they will need to be checked by a native speaker.
May 24, 2008 at 12:43 AM
Do you want the default resx translated and creation of an en file, or do plan for en to be the default if the browser does not specify culture?
Coordinator
May 25, 2008 at 10:44 AM
thanks, that would be of great help !
I intend for english to be the default language, so if you can create resx files...
thanks a lot :)
May 31, 2008 at 1:56 PM
Not a problem.  Always glad to help.  FYI... I will not get to work on this until after 6/9 due to work related items over the this and next weekend.  While I enjoy helping and creating, I have to take care of the one that pays the bills first :)

How do you want me to post the files up?
Coordinator
Jun 1, 2008 at 7:58 PM
Great, thanks !
Once you have made the changes, you can post a patch : http://www.codeplex.com/HelpDesk/SourceControl/UploadPatch.aspx
Thanks very much :)